Style File: Bare Essentials

Style File
thumbnail Bare Essentials
Sep 4th 2012, 19:00

Style.com asked fashion influencers, including Opening Ceremony’s Kate Foley and Net-a-Porter’s Holli Rogers, for their fashion week vices, and we learned plenty of new tricks we are set to put to the test. Here, our editors weigh in on our essentials to get through the busy (that might be an understatement) next few weeks.

Nicole Phelps, executive editor
“I am about halfway through Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl. The hardcover I bought for our summer vacation is too heavy to tote around with me, so I’m going to get the e-book version for my other favorite acquisition of the summer, my new Nexus 7. It’s Google’s answer to the iPad, but about two-thirds the size, and every bit as can’t-put-down-able as Flynn’s best-selling thriller.”

Marina Larroude, market director
“My 10 Crosby trenchcoat for those rainy days ahead of us, Dry Bar blow-outs for a quick hair fix, and Diet Coke to keep me going.”

Matthew Schneier, deputy editor
“Vitafusion gummy multivitamins and Klorane dry shampoo, the secret weapons in my arsenal of looking like I’ve had just about no sleep for those days when I’ll have literally no sleep.”

Celia Ellenberg, senior beauty editor
“My new Proenza Schouler makeup bag will be making the rounds with me from New York to Paris this season. It looks super-sleek and holds everything—including the staple products I need for the season’s deep berry lip: MAC Lip Pencil in Beet and its Lipstick in Media. Line, layer, don’t look back.”

Kristin Studeman, associate news editor
“Aside from a pre-fashion week spa day, I need plenty of great party dresses for the countless late-night events and plenty more eye concealer for those early mornings that follow. My favorite these days is from Korres.”

Maya Singer, special projects editor
“I am blessed to live around the corner from Juice Press. I’m pretty sure that before it opened, I went through fashion week at high risk for developing scurvy, or one of those other archaic seafaring diseases you get from nutrient deprivation. Now I start each day with a “Dr. Green” cold pressed juice—pineapple, apple, lemon, ginger, kale.”

Darrell Hartman, contributing editor and party reporter
“The closer I get to middle age, the more I rely on comfortable shoes getting me through fashion week and other massive run-arounds. (Hey, aching feet aren’t just a female thing.) Lately, my Cole Haan LunarGrands have totally done the trick. When there’s no time for ceremony, and I’ve sort of forgotten what time it is, a dash of Santa Maria Novella cologne helps me transition from day to evening. And I tend to eat everything that’s on my plate at those late-night dinners—therefore, hot water with lemon before bed.”

Brittany Adams, associate fashion editor
“I have this inexplicable obsession with being perfectly matte all the time. Running around from appointment to show during NYFW, I’ll dab a little L’Oréal Magic Perfecting Base primer on when I have a spare moment to prevent any ‘glistening.’ “

Jessica Minkoff, assistant editor
“After a summer of wearing flip-flops and T-strap sandals, I am excited to bring out my Isabel Marant sneakers. They are perfect for running from show to show and I won’t have to worry about breaking an ankle.”

Photos: Courtesy Photos

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment