Style File: Rag & Bone’s Double D.I.Y.

Style File
thumbnail Rag & Bone's Double D.I.Y.
Feb 14th 2013, 18:30

Rag & Bone’s Spring ‘13 campaign may have featured polished Alasdair McLellan-lensed images of Kate Moss, but that doesn’t mean designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville have gone all glossy on us. Today, Rag & Bone revives its D.I.Y. Project for the rag & bone/JEAN line. Having originated in 2011, the experimental ads have previously starred the likes of Miranda Kerr, Karolina Kurkova and Candice Swanepoel (just to name a few), each of whom were given a digital camera, a bag of rag & bone/ JEAN clothes, and free range to shoot and wear whatever they pleased.

“We think [the D.I.Y. Project] is a unique way to show the styles of these cool girls and it also gives people the opportunity to see their respective personalities and experiences,” says Neville. This season, the designers offer a D.I.Y. double whammy, having asked both Camille Rowe (above) and Poppy Delevingne (below) to document their rag & bone/JEAN experiences. “I shot my campaign in Mustique where I was with my boyfriend, sister and friends for New Years. I also took some photos in London, which is where my home and heart lies. The final part was taken by my boyfriend in the fields of West Sussex,” said Delevingne. French-born New York-based Rowe also had her boyfriend snap some images, which show the model in her SoHo loft. “I think he’s a pretty talented photographer,” says Wainwright. The girls’ (and their boyfriends’) Spring ‘13 D.I.Y. handiwork debuts here, exclusively on Style.com.

—Katharine K. Zarrella


Photo: Courtesy of rag & bone/JEAN

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment