style file: News Flash: Mayor Bloomberg Does Not Wear Jimmy Choos

style file
daily fashion, party, and model news 
Ready to move beyond the basics?

Enroll in this advanced DSLR course to explore more creative scenarios, image editing, and videography.
From our sponsors
thumbnail News Flash: Mayor Bloomberg Does Not Wear Jimmy Choos
Oct 2nd 2013, 16:20, by Katharine K. Zarrella

Tamara Mellon, Mayor BloombergTo say that Jimmy Choo founder Tamara Mellon's new book, In My Shoes, is dishy would be an understatement. Friends and colleagues such as Ann Dexter-Jones, Alina Cho, and Wendi Murdoch gathered at the Four Seasons Grill Room last night to toast the tome, and Mellon’s candid remarks about her new memoir definitely made everyone eager to pick up a copy. In a way, In My Shoes represents her closure on what was not the most amicable of departures from the company she had built. Mellon told Style.com, “I was surprised at how cathartic writing this book was. It was about closing one chapter and starting a new one.”

Catharsis aside, Mellon confided that the most exciting part about last evening’s fete was getting introduced to the crowd by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. While the mayor spoke about Mellon’s business acumen, he couldn’t personally attest to the quality of her shoes: “I’ve never worn her shoes, and I’m very unlikely to. And if I do, I’m certainly not going to tell anybody. But they are wonderful. How do I know? I asked [my partner] Diana.” Later in the evening, Mellon offered, “That was such an honor. I really feel welcome to New York now!” However, considering how quickly guests snatched up copies of her book, and how many women were wearing Jimmy Choo shoes, it seems like the Big Apple would have welcomed her with or without the mayor’s approval.

—Todd Plummer

Photo: Leandro Justen/BFANYC.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment