Style File: Designer Diary: Lisa Marie Fernandez’s Postcard from Bali

Style File
thumbnail Designer Diary: Lisa Marie Fernandez's Postcard from Bali
Jan 16th 2013, 17:46

Swimwear designer Lisa Marie Fernandez has had a love affair with Bali for 13 years, so to kick off 2013, she headed to the island for a little tropical R&R. Between swimming, sunbathing and whitewater rafting, Fernandez documented her vacation in paradise. Below, she shares her images with Style.com



I first visited Bali 13 years ago and it was love at first sight. Every August, for a month, I would spend my holiday in Indonesia on the Hindu island. It has a magical energy. I wanted to begin 2013 with a group of close friends in a place that I loved. I began my stay at Villa Bella, my close friend Jane Corser’s home in Banjar Kuwum — a charming, traditional village not too far from Seminyak in southern Bali. The town has great cafes, fantastic shopping, and bars if you fancy some trouble, but we mostly ate delicious Indonesian dinners at home with friends. We spent days on the beaches of the Bukit peninsula. Eventually, we moved up north to Ubud to the Como Shambhala Estate at Begawan Giri. Located on the Ayung River, there are five private residences nestled into the terrain, including the Tirta Ening Estate, where we stayed. One of my most memorable days was whitewater rafting on the Ayung through the mountains. There is no other place like Ubud on earth. This is truly heaven.

—Lisa Marie Fernandez



The most beautiful retreat in the world: Como Shambhala Estate at Begawan Giri. I stayed in the Tirta Ening Estate, which means “clear water”.

One night, fashion photographer Terry Tsiolis posed a group of my friends in the marble bathtub at Como Shambhala for a quick fashion shoot. Everyone wore my collection.

The Ayung River in Ubud.

Lounging by the pool at Villa Bella.

On my way to Nammos Beach Club.

Perfect beach setting…

Walking down to the rock pools in my new Resort 2013 LMF terry cloth poncho.

Spending every day in caftans and bathing suits…heaven.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment