Style File: How Doo-Ri Does

Style File
How Doo-Ri Does
Sep 8th 2011, 21:59


“I started the season being inspired by a couple of Beardsley illustrations,” Doo-Ri Chung says of her Spring 2012 collection. “Using that as a starting point, I did some sketches that became the foundation for the prints, and throughout the development of Spring, the idea of illustration really played a part in not only the prints but how I chose the fabrics.”

Her collection will make its official debut tomorrow afternoon at Eyebeam, but Style.com got a sneak preview of the designer’s sketching process. In the video (above), she is sketching the first look she ever created for her Spring collection. “I was thinking of a single piece of fabric that was anchored by the belt,” she tells Style.com. “I wanted to create a soft yet tailored look by adding the pleats to the draping.”

—Kristin Studeman

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment