Style File: A Jewel Box Bows In Beverly Hills

Style File


A Jewel Box Bows In Beverly Hills
27 Oct 2010, 7:50 pm

In her jewelry, designer Solange Azagury-Partridge has a flair for the dramatic. Same goes for her taste in interior decor, to judge from her new Beverly Hills boutique. The walls are lined in plush burgundy velvet, display cases come in velvet, too, and the designer’s rainbow carpeting (a mainstay of all her shops) will line the floor. (Yes, will—it’s caught in customs at the moment.) Tucked into a back room at the opening fête was an “aura reader,” and fans like Jennifer Tilly queued up to have their emanations read. But as for the designer herself, a clairvoyant might’ve been more helpful. She’s got a few projects up her sleeve, Azagury-Partridge (left, with Brad Goreski) said last night at her opening party, but the cat was far from out of the bag. “I’ve got three collections in the pipeline for next year or the year after, but I’m afraid I can’t tell you because they haven’t been released yet.” Any chance she’s dabbling in diffusion jewelry? “I really enjoyed doing an H&M collection a lot,” she said, referring to the fast-fashion range she designed in 2005, “to have the jewelry much more accessible and to work with completely different materials.” But for now, the prospect is just a possibility. “I think one has to concentrate on what one does best; I love jewelry and I love interiors. If I were to do anything else, I would have to do it in a smaller, more concentrated way,” she continued. “I have a couple of little ideas. But again I have to kind of keep them to myself.” A forthcoming store in Singapore, on the other hand, is a definite.

Solange Azagury-Partridge, 340 N. Rodeo Drive, L.A., (310) 276-4500, www.solangeazagurypartridge.com.

—Alisa Gould-Simon

Photo: Courtesy of Solange Azagury-Partridge

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment