Style File: Designer Diary: Jason Wu’s Postcard from Coachella

Style File
thumbnail Designer Diary: Jason Wu's Postcard from Coachella
Apr 19th 2013, 18:22

Last weekend, Jason Wu headed to Indio to experience Coachella for the very first time. Here, the designer shares the details of his festival adventure, exclusively with Style.com.

I was very excited to be a first-timer at Coachella this year. It is always so inspiring to see new things, and after hearing so much about it from friends, I decided to take the plunge! I arrived at the Parker Hotel and was greeted by its iconic white façade and orange doors. The weather was a delightful ninety degrees, which was a welcomed change from the often rainy New York we’ve been seeing this year.

On day one, I immediately ran into a familiar face: Chanel Iman! We’ve been friends since we were both just starting out in the industry. We haven’t seen each other since my Fall 2014 show where she made a rare runway comeback for old times sake!

One of the bands I was most excited to see, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, take the stage in front of a throng of fans.

I got to hang out with my dear friend Diane Kruger, who showed me the ropes for my first Coachella. Only she can manage to make a t-shirt and shorts outfit look so chic!

I guess tie-dye is in this season, according to Coachella-goers. Resort inspiration, perhaps?!?

We catch up over popsicles and cocktails (is there a better combination?) at the H&M pool party, which was held at a picturesque mansion in Palm Springs. The setting looks almost like it came out of the 1950s, which I love.

Gus [Rangel] and Diane [Kruger] parked out on the grass awaiting the next performance.

This is pretty much my morning ritual every day. It doesn’t get better than having a frozen cocktail by the pool.

On our last night in Palm Springs, we dined at Copley’s, a beautiful restaurant that was once part of Cary Grant’s estate.

Photos: Courtesy of Jason Wu

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment